School Advisory Board
Composition and Responsibilities The primary responsibility of the School Board is to ensure that the assets and personnel of the school are used to promote and strengthen the school and the parish community. Subject to regulations from the Archdiocese of Baltimore, the School Board is an advisory body.
The Board’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Recommending annual tuition rates
- Acting as a liaison with local/state officials
- Strategic planning
- Ensuring implementation of, and compliance with, policies of the Archdiocese of Baltimore
- Implementing and/or supporting desirable educational and communication programs
- Bolstering the financial strength of the school
The Board consists of a diverse group of people from the parish and Catholic community. Each year, the Board recruits two or three new voting members.
Voting members of the Board typically serve a three-year term, attend nine meetings each year, serve on at least one committee (finance, facilities, policy and planning, etc.), and participate in other school-related activities throughout the year as available.
- Rev. Michael DeAscanis, Pastor, St. Louis and St. Francis Pastorate
- Mrs. Deborah Thomas, Principal, St. Louis School
- Mr. Michael Kemp, Senior Reality Specialist, U.S. Dept of State; School Board Chairperson
- Mr. Jason Augustino, CFO, Syngery ECP
- Ms. Mary Ewachiw, Assistant Principal, St. Louis School
- Ms. Suzy Hill, Vice President, Stifel
- Mr. Will Knotek, Head of School, St. John's Catholic Prep High School
- Mrs. Samantha Lim, Home and School Association Chairperson
- Mrs. Susie Madden, Academic Coordinator, St. Louis School
- Mrs. Patricia Marlatt, Teacher, Mt. De Sales Academy
- Mrs. Erin Rummel, Director of Marketing and Advancement, St. Louis School
For More Information
Complete the form below to contact Mr. Michael Kemp, School Board Chairperson.